Saturday, August 14, 2010

Confusing


So my dating life, to say the least, has been interesting.




I haven't quite figured out how to master the art of getting dates to progress to further stages of development. Getting the dates isn't usually a challenge. I do get many offers, which is flattering. However, it is often the case that I am attracted to guys that are not attracted to me, and vice versa. It is a common problem that I am sure most single people face.




The guys I have dated in the past all start out great. There is a huge interest for both of us. Then somewhere within the first six months, things shift. They start getting nervous that I am actually "the real deal." It seems great to think about the guy you want to date...monogomous, passionate, honest, thoughtful, trustworthy, etc...but when it actually shows up on your doorstep, reality gets a little frightening. "Is this really it? Am I ready for it?"




Ultimately, they leave, check out the other "greener" pastures, and then attempt to return to the original field, aka...me. I can't quite figure out this way of thinking, but it's happened to me so often, I should set up a case study. Then again, my mom once told me, "Exes are exes for a reason." She is a clever lady that mom of mine.




So what is a single guy supposed to do? I guess just wait and hope for the best. It's such a frustrating cycle.




I don't want to leave you with the impression that I am not happy with my life. Quite the opposite. I have an amazing group of friends and family. I am truly blessed with the people I have in my life. I am just hoping to find someone to share it all with on a different level. I know he's out there...I'm just wondering if his love GPS is working.


No comments:

Post a Comment