Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy One-Year Anniversary!

I am not sure why I decided to start up my blog again, a few days after the one year anniversary of my first posting! That is kind of funny to me! I hope this year I will fill up this blog more than I did in the past! :)

OK...so where to begin? As you may have figured out (especially if you read my profile) I am a gay man, so I figured I woud write about the joys and frustrations of my life as a gay man. I am a very upbeat, happy person 98% of the time. Very little gets me down. I look at anger and hatred as wasted energy, and I would rather spend my time trying to be happy and make other people happy.

So a little about me. I turned 41 this summer. In the gay world, I should probably be checking into a nursing home, as most people seem to want guys that are 18-27. Still, I have held up well physically, and I look much younger than my age (thank you Nivea night cream). I am not an effeminate guy, and I tend to like guys that act masculine as well. I am low-key in public, though I have been known to cause outbursts of laughter from my friends.

I am currently single, and I am not really ok with that. I am not one to jump from relationship to relationship, and I don't date just for the sake of dating someone, because I don't necessarily have to be single. I have had offers to date, but I just haven't found the "one" that makes my heart skip a beat just yet.

I have had some wonderful boyfriends in the past, and yes, there are three of them that I would consider dating again, if the opportunity presented itself. I am not sure if that's why I am currently single, and fate is making me hold off for now, or just bad dating luck. I will keep you posted on that.

My friends are always curious why I am still single. I have to wonder that myself. The physical attraction is a personal decision by the viewer, so maybe I am not everyone's type. Though I do get hit on by women quite frequently, as well as some gay men that I am not interested in physically. (Sigh.)

I am actually very happy with WHO I am as a person, however. I honestly try to treat people better than I expect to be treated. I have a great sense of humor, a sensitive personality, and a lot of passion to share. When I am dating someone, I give myself to them. Maybe too much. I am a bit of an open book. I wear my emotions on my sleeve (which can be hard to read if I am wearing a polo, but I digress.)

I am an actual believer in monogomy and the living happily ever after thing...call me Cinderella, but it's just who I am. I grew up in an ideal home situation with two parents that truly loved each other, so I know that true love is possible.

So I remain hopeful and optimistic that in this advanced age of mine, I will eventually find the true love I have been hoping to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment