Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where is the Black Box???


In my dating world, when it rains, it pours. I am inundated with several guys interested in me at once. "You're the perfect guy for me!" "You'd make a great partner!" "You are so cool." And the compliments roll in. So we meet, have a date.

The date goes well, then suddenly...they disappear. I cannot explain it. I have analyzed these events, and I cannot figure out what to make of it. I wish there was a black box for when things go down in flames.

I don't bring china patterns to the date, I don't talk about moving in, I kind of go with the flow, and see where his head is at. It always seems to go well, with the other guy showing more interest, then it happens. What happens? I have no idea.

I have tried to figure it out with my friends. I do look at myself honestly and bluntly. I just am not sure what I am doing wrong. Maybe it's them...they see something in me that either scares them or they aren't ready to take the plunge. Who knows? I know I don't.

So a few weeks ago, I had the downpour of dates. Several dates. All went well. One guy I even managed to have three dates. We had fun on each date, cuddled and kissed. It was so nice. Now, I don't even get a hello call or text. He didn't want to rush anything, and I let him take the lead. Now I hear nothing from him, and I have no idea why. Well, obviously he's not into it, but I can't figure out where things changed. Maybe it's not for me to understand.

Well, for now, the rain has dried up, and it's more like a desert. (Cue crickets.) So I wait for the next rainfall...

No comments:

Post a Comment